Vice President of Sales
Inboard Technology, Inc. - Santa Cruz, CA
UnitedStatesJobsCareerrs is partnering with our client Inboard Technology to source a Vice President of Sales to join their office located in Santa Cruz, CA. Inboard Technologies product, the M1, is globally recognized and has already won numerous design awards and accolades around the world. The Vice President of Sales will take ownership for the overall sales organization performance, and for aligning sales objectives with the overall business strategy.
Responsibilities for the role of Vice President of Sales:
- Grow, maintain, and manage a team of both internal and external sales reps.
- Establish and governs the sales organization’s performance management system and oversees the allocation and measurement of objectives.
- Provide leadership to the sales team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Perform staff performance reviews and address any performance issues; provide or organize additional support to staff as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal departments regarding key customer business trends and updates.
- Partner with engineering and product management to address key account product needs and overall line development.
- Oversee the deployment of point of purchase displays and in-store exhibits and collateral.
- Manage rep. and distributor feedback meetings and timely forecasts; and measure and report on forecast accuracy. Ensure retail partners maintain optimal brand representation.
- Lead Customer Service organization and effectively manage ERP customer master database.
- Responsible for new business development and partnership opportunities.
- Partner and communicate with Web/Ecommerce teams to meet sales objectives.
- Collaborate on go to market strategy through work with Merchandising, Product and Marketing teams.
- Organize and schedule all major meetings including go to market and national sales meeting and key retailer showings. Attend company and industry events and trade shows.
- Report to CEO and attend weekly Executive Team meetings and presentations at quarterly Board Meetings.
Requirements for the role of Vice President of Sales:
- A visionary with a deep understanding of sales strategies and a proven track record of creating initiatives that will grow revenue while cementing the position of Inboard as a leading premium brand.
- Successful experience in managing direct sales channels while supporting a network of domestic retailers, distributors, and international distributors.
- Management and execution of a sales budget.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or college or equivalent professional education and experience.
- An interest in action sports and technology.
- Minimum 7 years of field sales experience with 5 years in management.
- Experience in either Consumer Electronics or Action Sports industry background including Sales and Key Account Management.
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals.
- Ability to perform both domestic & international travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management and execution of a sales budget: 5 years
- Field Sales: 7 years
- Managing Sales channels- retailers, distributors.: 7 years
- Management (Sales team): 5 years
- Consumer Electronics or Action Sports industry: 3 years