Clinical Nurse Specialist Critical Care Services (ICU/Telemetry 8hrs-days)
Valley Presbyterian Hospital - Van Nuys, CA
UnitedStatesJobsCareers has partnered with Valley Presbyterian Hospital to locate a Clinical Nurse Specialist Critical Care Services (ICU/Telemetry 8hrs-days) to join their team in Van Nuys, CA.
- The Advance Practice Nurse for Critical Care Services is a registered nurse (RN) prepared at the master’s or doctorate level as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), with the California Board of Registered Nursing. The APN functions, in the Adult Critical Care and Telemetry Services settings, in an advanced practice role as leader, clinical expert, researcher, educator, and consultant.
- Minimum of three (3+) years of clinical experience in critical care nursing care
- Three (3+) or more years’ experience in the CNS role preferred
- Knowledge of CA Nursing Practice Act, accrediting agency requirements, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Advanced adult critical care nursing clinical knowledge and skills;
- Effective communication skills and the ability to appropriately delegate assignments to other team members;
- Knowledge and utilization of advanced CQI techniques and evidence-based practice to improve clinical outcomes;
- Leadership ability to chair and actively participate on multidisciplinary teams, task forces, and committees;
- Organizes and prioritizes work efficiently;
- Knowledge of department budgets and promotes cost-effective utilization of resources;
- Effective written English language and active listening skills.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement, and effectively applies the concepts of change theory to promote departmental change;
- Functions as a positive role model and resource for all team members;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and their application;
- Advanced computer knowledge, ability to research current practice, collation of statistical data, and development of appropriate presentation techniques.
- Master Degree with a Clinical Nurse Specialist focus, from accredited school of nursing, is required
- Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Certified by the CA BRN as a CNS, as per the California Business and Professions Code, Chapter 6, Section 2838 of the Nursing Practice Act
- Must successfully complete and maintain BLS, and ACLS certifications
- Must successfully complete and maintain LA City Fire Card certification at the time of hire or within the first 30 days of employment
- Current critical care certification from the American Association of Critical Care Nursing, i.e. CCRN
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist