Sr. Quality Engineer
Strato Inc. - Piscataway, NJ
UnitedStatesJobsCareers has partnered with Strato Inc. to locate a Sr. Quality Engineer to join their team in Piscataway, NJ.
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People …. We Exceed the Need!
Strato, Inc. develops and manufactures quality products for the railroad and transit industry. Our products meet Association of American Railroads (AAR) requirements, we are certified and operating to the AAR M-1003 Standard, and our Quality Management System is ISO 9001:2008 certified. We currently employ over 140 people, including a team of 24 engineers, at our facilities in New Jersey, New York and China
At Strato, we are passionate about creating powerful new products and always exceeding our customer’s expectations. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will provide functional leadership for all activities related to Quality Assurance/Quality Control for our CATS product lines, consisting of both domestic and international product lines. The successful candidate will ensure high performance and high availability products that exceed our customer’s quality standards. This is a key position with responsibilities spanning the full product lifecycle. The ideal candidate is an established, self-motivated leader with deep experience and a track record of successfully leading teams and leveraging repeatable processes to deliver high value.
Quality is the responsibility of every team member within the Strato organization. It is the role of this position to align and integrate quality across the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team
- Evaluate our current-state approach and results, and define and implement innovative approaches to improve quality through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls
- Lead ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure design, manufacturing and quality methodologies are effective, efficient, standardized and integrated.
- Oversee a systemic and strategic audit of current quality systems, procedures and documents and provide a roadmap for “Best in Class” Quality reputation
- Function as the primary interface to, and ensure timely response with customers on all CATS quality issues ensuring that Strato’s “Exceed the Need” reputation is maintained
- Develop strategies for the continuous improvement of vendors, third party operators, their processes and the Strato selection process to assure the overall quality of products being supplied
- Ensure maintenance of records and documents as required by customers and industry standards
- Oversee Quality Assurance assets across the organization to provide complete transparency of the cost of QA/QC activities and the cost of non-conformance
- Ensure compliance and successful audit experience with customer and industry agencies such as AAR and ISO
- Ensure continuous improvement of QA/QC practices and procedures throughout Strato, Inc.
- Active participation in industry professional associations including attendance at conferences and events
- Participate in the selection process of vendors to assure best quality product.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Advanced degree and continuing Quality education preferred
- 10 years+ of increasing leadership responsibilities within heavy manufacturing industries
- Experience leading quality assurance functions for manufacturing organization.
- Experience leading, developing and being a member of high-quality teams that produce results
- Proven success establishing and maintaining pragmatic quality assurance best practices
- Demonstrated ability to help drive individuals and teams to perform at a higher level
- Very strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience supporting complex, fast moving development initiatives
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
Job Type: Full-time
- ISO 9001: 8 years
- Quality Assurance: 8 years
- Railroad/Automobile/Transit Industry: 7 years